Lawyer coaching programs can be jointly designed by the client and the coach.
Together we can create your individual coaching program. The issues to be decided are:
- The number of coaching sessions per month. This can vary from one to four, perhaps more, depending on the scope of the work.
- The length of each coaching session. Usually, coaching sessions are approximately one hour long. In some situations, more than one hour is more productive.
- The length of the coaching relationship. How long do we feel we will work together to accomplish the client’s goals? This can change during the course of the coaching but it is a good idea to have a goal of achieving the client’s goals within a specific time period.
- Included in every in each coaching program: In between-sessions-support via telephone, email, or Zoom.
The Three-Month Program
- Our most popular program and the one I usually recommend for clients.
- Short-term with a focus on achieving maximum results quickly.
- Month one provides for unlimited coaching sessions.
- Months two and three provide two coaching sessions per month.
- The client is not locked in: coach or client can terminate upon one week’s notice and unearned coaching fees will be refunded.
- A fixed fee for the entire program.
- In between sessions support via telephone, email, or Zoom at no additional charge.
- A fixed monthy retainer. The amount of the retainer would be determined by the coach and client based on the approximate average monthly coaching time.
- The monthly retainer would remain the same whether the coaching time was more or less during any particular month.
- Access to a coach when you need it. Subject to vacation time, the coach is generally available during business hours and, when needed, after hours upon sufficient notice.
- Connecting the way the client wants. Whatever works best for the client: email, text, phone or Zoom.
The Managing Partner
- Coaching provided for the client in both his managing partner capacity and for his individual law practice.-
- Four sessions per month.
- Session time extended when necessary.
- Additional sessions provided when necessary.
- Between session support via telephone, email, and Zoom.
- No contracts, you may stop at the end of any month.
- This is a program for attorneys considering or planning retirement and for senior lawyers who may not be ready to retire but want to “recalibrate” their law practice to better reflect who they are and how they want to practice law at this time in their life. Click on the link to go directly to the website.
- One coaching session per month.
- Between sessions support via email.
- This is a new program I have developed for attorneys who do not want the intense and goal-focused approach of traditional coaching but would like to have a lawyer-mentor to support and guide them in their law practice.
- The program provides exceptional value at an affordable cost.
- Please click here for additional information on the program.
The monthly coaching session retainer is negotiated. The amount depends generally on how much one-on-one coaching session time we spend together. In between sessions support via phone, email or Zoom is included. The monthly retainer may be modified up or down depending on the changing needs of the client. Payment may be made with a debit or credit card through my Pay Pal portal. A secure link is provided on the Resources page for clients to pay monthly coaching retainers online.
Because many of the benefits of coaching take a while to show up, I request that you commit yourself to the coaching process for a period of three months. We will work hard to accomplish your goals within that time. However, if coaching is not working for you, the coaching agreement provides that either coach or client can terminate the agreement at any time, with or without reason, with coaching fees to be refunded on a pro-rata basis. At the end of the three-month period, if we want to continue, we will discuss what arrangement will work best moving forward.
Any and all communications between us, including the existence of our relationship, are entirely confidential and will never be disclosed without your express authorization.
I do not claim any special expertise in any area other than by virtue of my training and experience as an attorney and a Professional Lawyer Coach. I do not provide psychological, counseling, legal, accounting, or other professional services. My coaching services are consultative in nature and decisions made and actions taken are the responsibility of the client. I do not make any guarantee or warranty as to results that may be achieved or as to the consequences of any actions taken or not taken by the client.